Thursday, August 19, 2010

I've made it!

SO MUCH TO WRITE ABOUT... but I think I will go with the brief version of the past few weeks.

I graduated from Texas A&M University. The ceremony was fantastic and since receiving my diploma I've been implementing a new mega-scholarly vocabulary... it's not very effective.

I attended my first business conference: The Affiliate Summit in New York. Could they have chosen a better location? I truly had a blast working the table at MeetMarket for my company, eAccountableOPM. I met so many nice and enthusiastic people... can't wait until the next one: January in VEGAS!!! Hope to live through that one...

I have officially moved to Luxembourg and in with my Boo. It is so nice to develop those cozy "at home" feelings that appear when I'm here. This evening Paul's sister Romy is teaching me to make traditional Luxembourgish noodles. YAY ASSIMILATION! This is just a minor step... the first of many efforts I hope to make in order to make this country my own.

I cannot stress to my probably non-existent readers how happy I am at this moment.

Now let's get down to business:
Megan (Habebi) has given me a serious blog task. My typing fingers are quivering.

The Sunshine Award:
List seven random facts about yourself and then pass the award onto three other wonderful bloggers.

1. I am currently in the process of learning to drive a manual. I wouldn't call myself awful, but I also can't call myself brilliant at it. This real life situation happened to me today: On a hill, stopped and needing to start back in 1st gear, GIANT bus pulls up behind me about 2 inches from my bumper. I almost peed my pants... Hopefully with some more experience I won't be so embarrassing...

2. When I was little, my favorite animal was a cow. I had a cow lamp, cow stuffed animals, cow slippers, cow Limoges, etc.... the irony is: My boyfriend's family owns a dairy.

3. I have had almost every hair color known to man... and without trying to sound too confident, I think I pulled each one of them off... except the highlighter orange I rocked at my high school graduation.

4. My mother, father and stepmother all received their degrees in Interior Design. Perhaps this is where my love for decorating stemmed? I really enjoy HGTV and all DIY shows. I am about to embark on a project of reupholstering a chair found in the attic of Paul's house. I hope it will turn out to look like this one from Crate and Barrel. But perhaps with a fun fabric? More on that later.

5. I am one of those people that will try almost any food once. I'm pretty sure that I once ate kangaroo meat with Paul's dad.

6. My travel desire stemmed from receiving a gift from my Aunt. She lived in Germany and the first time I met her, she gave me a small token from her last trip to Paris. Since then, I've had visions of European sugar-plums dancing in my head.

7. I had alopecia of the eyelashes when I was in the second grade. It's not like a scary disease or anything... it just means that my eyelashes fell out. for no reason. It wasn't fun, but the second grade boys somehow still found me mildly attractive. I believe I had more elementary boyfriends that year than any other.

I'm not sure that these people read my blog, but the blogs I most enjoy reading are (not including The Constant Search for More which is one of my faves) in no particular order:

Lovely in Lux
Murphy in Toulouse
Cafe Lux

3 comments:

  1. Yay you have arrived!! Awesome-ness!! I completely understand the challenges of learning a manual (my first two cars were manuals). The hills are the worse especially when someone is so close to your bumper. Even after years of experience I would get a wee bit nervous when that happened.

    I can't wait to see pictures of your decorating and gaining insight to all things Luxembourg. And btw- awwwwww shucks!! I'm so flattered you like my blog. Woot!! :) Hope you are settling in well and can't wait to read more of YOUR wonderful blog. Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps- Congratulations on graduation and cool job stuff! Gah should've typed that out first. My bad. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah!! Welcome to Luxembourg! Hope you're adjusting well and that you're enjoying everything so far!

    Trying to learn a manual is quite a lofty task for the very beginning - hope you and your teacher are very patient! I've learned on 3 separate occasions but have always lost the nerve to practice on the real road (due to bus incidents as you described...), so I hope you're more successful than I was!
    P.S. Bus drivers in Luxembourg are INSANE!

    I hope the best part of Luxembourg is getting to be with your boyfriend and getting rid of that long-distance relationship! I've been in Europe for 6 years now and still savor every minute of getting to be together with my man!

    Thanks for reading my blog *blush* - let me know if you ever have any questions or just want to get in touch sometime!

    ReplyDelete