Sunday, July 25, 2010

Rocky Mountain High

Good morning from Colorado! This is the view from my Dad's back porch where I sipped my coffee this morning... what could be more peaceful? Colorado in the summer is something everyone should experience. I'm not talking about Denver (which is cool, don't get me wrong). I'm referring to making the trip up into the mountains... higher than the mile high city. My Dad lives in Eagle, which is right outside of Vail and Beaver Creek. Vail's lowest elevation is 8120 feet... and it is real what people say that being at this elevation gives one a natural since of euphoria... a "Rocky Mountain High" as John Denver named it.



One other notable feature... Colorado has the weirdest road kill:

2 comments:

  1. LOL that last picture is sooo cute! That is one sacked out doggy. I love Colorado and while I haven't been there in the summer, I can imagine up in the mountains it must be cooler and very lovely! That back porch view is stunning! Enjoy your Rocky Mt. high!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Miss Sarah, I know you're about to move or have moved to daLux land by the time you read this. That said, check out my entry from today (August 16th titled "I've Got Sunshine"). Left you a little present that I hope amongst the insanity of making your big move will bring you a smile and even a warm fuzzy happy moment. lol Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete