Monday, June 28, 2010

What am I going to do with myself now?

Lets see... two days left of school with almost no classwork left. I am slowly realizing that I have more time than I know what to do with... Yes, yes most of my days will be spent working (should be spent working) But I'm ready to try some new things!

Recently, I've decided to try out painting... and what I lack in talent, I believe I make up in enthusiasm! Here is one of my latest creatures:


And here is another.. I will have a challenging time fitting this one in my suitcase:


I cannot take all the credit for these. While I did physically paint them, I modeled them after photographs of sexy, retro women that I found online. I truly love the look of pop-art!

Here is a list of things I want to do once I get settled in Luxembourg:
1. Learn French

2. Find the perfect coffee shop in the city (with wifi) and work from there once a week

3. Become a gardener... I think I will start with window boxes. I have NEVER grown anything in my life, so this should be hilarious. I really like the look of these:

The front of the farm house has quite a lot of space to work with. I could install planter boxes! Also, Paul and I have talked about getting furniture and a fire pit for the front patio so we can sit outside and drink wine under the stars... how romantic!

4. GET A DOG! I really like Bernese Mountain dogs and Great Danes. Hopefully the shelter near Holler has an adorable puppy waiting just for me... preferably HUGE and slobbery

3 comments:

  1. Your artwork is fantastic!

    It's exciting that you are starting a new chapter in your life. I remember how many emotions were going through me when I made the transition, but I think you will find it to be one of the most inspiring experiences of your life.

    Glad you've started blogging, too. Eager to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a fantastic painter!! WOW! I don't have that much talent if there were double of me! Fantastic job!

    I hope you do find a dog! You probably figured out that I am a complete sucker/lover of animals. They are fantastic friends and provide much needed company.

    If you are able to manage growing plants in window planters, or heck, any other locale for that matter would you teach me? I can't seem to keep a plant alive at all! It's quite sad actually.

    You have some great goals and challenges to look forward to! Good luck with the last days of school! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, love the paintings!

    I can definitely help you with planting the window boxes once you get here, but then you need to find me this perfect coffee shop with wifi!! An even exchange, I would say, no?

    Good luck with all of your planning and preparing, it's such an exciting time for you I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete